Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tri Training Tuesday

I have less than eleven weeks until the dreaded triathlon.  Excuse me while I have a minor panic attack.  What have I gotten myself into?  Let's face it, I have some major training to do.  I haven't worked out in over a year.  And, I'm proud to say that I'm not using the "but I just had a child" excuse any longer.  Yes, it's time for me to get my butt of the couch and into the pool, onto a bike & into my running shoes.  

My friend Carly found this great triathlon training program for NEWBIES!   After looking at it, it looks completely DO-ABLE!  When I first signed up, I had the "I'm not going to train" attitude, but after a weekend of thinking about it, I do want to train (well, sort-of).  I don't want it to take me 8 hours to finish and I don't really want to die :)  So, I will be training {or at-least semi-training} as time allows.  I hope to get out on the pavement at least 3-4 times a week until race day.  

I'm not gonna lie, I already have butterflies in my belly just thinking about the race, but I'm actually really excited!  This is something I've wanted to do for years...if nothing else, I'll make it a "fun" race & if I do well, even better.  Plus it will be something to cross off my 52 things in 52 weeks list!  

My "tri-training goal" for tonight: get on the bike and ride 4 miles {without complaining....or crying}.  Wish me luck!

Let the training begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment