Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Weekend Wrap-Up

I love, love, love long Holiday weekends!  However, they go by far too fast.  I can't believe our three day weekend is already over :(  We had a good weekend, though.  

Friday night we didn't do much.  Played with Dafney, watched a little TV & relaxed.  It was a great start to the looooong weekend!  

Saturday morning we ventured out to Target to do some grocery shopping.  When we left, the weather was decent, when we came back, it was POURING.  We were soaked, the groceries were soaked and the car got a nice free car wash :)  Nothing like trying to bring groceries in during a down pour.  Normally I would have left them in the car until the rain stopped, but we were having friends over for lunch and I needed some items to make a dessert.  

Our friends from out-of-town came over to for lunch and to catch-up.  It was so fun to see them and hear their exciting ENGAGEMENT news!  We actually knew they were engaged, but it was fun to hear the story {I'm such a sucker for sappy, engagement stories} & congratulate them in person.  

Saturday night we didn't do much.  Dafney hadn't been feeling well.  She was having some tummy troubles {if you get my drift}.  I think every diaper we changed the whole weekend was "dirty".  Poor baby!  She didn't want to lay in her crib & would cry & cry, so being the "push-over" that I am, I brought her downstairs and cuddled with her in the chair for the night.  She was content as could be & she was able to get a good night's rest (which is important when you're not feeling well).  Thankfully, on Sunday morning when I ventured back-up stairs with her, my amazing husband took her so I could get a little more sleep.  Before I knew it, all three of us were laying in bed together taking a nap!  

Once we all woke up, we took a walk with the dog.  It was so humid and gross out, though.  Not the most enjoyable walking weather.  I made some homemade cinnamon biscuits and relaxed until we headed out to some friends of ours for dinner & a little play date {their daughter is a year and a half, so the "play-date" was more of an excuse to get the adults together!}.  

Sunday night, Dafney still wasn't feeling "quite right", so we didn't stay out late (like 7:30...which is semi-late for people that have a 5 1/2 month old).  Dafney slept a little better, which made me feel a little better.  

Memorial Day was gorgeous out.  We took about a 4 mile walk in the morning.  I made some home-made apple cinnamon oatmeal & bacon, egg & Gouda breakfast sandwiches for breakfast.  Played with Dafney.  Made a home-made Lasagna to throw in the oven sometime this week (I quick week-day meals).  Played with Dafney some more.  Took a nap.  Nothing to crazy :)  

It was a lovely weekend.  I'm hoping that Dafney's belly starts to feel better soon! 

Happy Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment