Saturday, May 26, 2012

Swimming & Biking & Running....OH MY!

What have I gotten myself into?!?!  Yep, that's right, I'm finally doing it...my very first

Triathlon!
 {excuse me while I pee myself}

Yep, I'm finally doing something major that's on my bucket list.  I'm so excited & so nervous...I've never done anything more than a 5K run.  

THIS IS MAJOR, PEOPLE!

I am deathly afraid of lakes and the 500 yard swim is in a {gulp} lake.  I was a swimmer in HS and my "event" was the 500 yard freestyle, but swimming this in a lake is totally scary to me.  Yes, I know I can finish the swim with no problems, but God help me if any creepy, crawly thing touches any part of my body while I'm swimming; it might be enough for me to fake my own drowning so one of those lifeboats comes to rescue me.  {yes, I am that afraid and would actually do something that extreme}.  

On to the fifteen point five (15.5) mile BIKE ride.  

{again, excuse me while I PEE myself}

Considering I whine & complain when I have to bike 2 miles, this should be fairly amusing.  Biking is definitely not my thang.  I don't enjoy it, it's not a hobby of mine & I often find myself swearing at bikers that are on the road.  However, I will put on my big girl panties & suck it up....this one time.  

I'm hoping & praying that the bike route is flat {and by "flat", I mean completely down hill}, because this girl doesn't bike UP hills.  I may or may not be that moron you see walking their bike up any said hills.  But, whatever gets the job done, right?

And, I can't forget about the 5K run.  Hey, guess what else isn't my "thang"?  Yep, you guessed it running.  You're probably asking yourself why I'm even participating if 2 out of the 3 things are pretty much my least favorite activities EVER and the other one I'm deathly afraid of...well, um, I don't have an answer.  I just am, so leave me alone!

Anyway, back to the 5K...I've done one 5K in my whole life and it was alright.  I did it in about 28 minutes, which is nothing to brag about.  My goal is to make it to the running portion of the race without having to fake my own drowning, or having to walk my bike up a hill.  If I can make it to the running part, I'll be in good shape.  I know I can finish the 3ish mile run...it might be extremely slow, but I'll finish {mostly because I know there will be an ice coldbeer waiting for me at the finish line} 

As I was just informed...11 weeks until race day.  Holy crap, I better get training!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend

 

No comments:

Post a Comment