Tuesday, May 15, 2012

FUNK-tastic

I'm stuck in this god-for-saken FUNK and I can't seem to find my way out of it.  It's starting to tear me down & I'm becoming moody, negative & down-right un-pleasant to be around...
 ...{just ask my Husband}.  

Problem is, I don't know how to pull myself out of it.  The first thing I need to do is identify the problem(s).  

Easy {peasy lemon squeezy} - I can sum it up in one very little, but very major word: 
{my VERY craptastic}  JOB(okay, maybe I used FOUR words)

I am feeling so lost, confused & stuck right now.  I'm in a "dead-end" job and don't see any room for growth or opportunity in the near future.  I've been in this position for almost five (yes, count em' FIVE) years and there isn't even a glimmer of hope in moving up, learning more or bettering myself.  

So, I find myself wondering "what the heck am I still doing here"?  This place isn't for me anymore nor is this career path.  I'm ready to venture out of the Accounting world and onto bigger & better things.  

But how?  

I'm finding it darn near impossible to change careers.  Either I don't have the right degree, or I don't have the proper experience, or I don't know the right people to help get my foot in the door.  I'm starting to loose hope; is this all there is for me?  Am I stuck here....{gulp} forever

So, how does one make a career change?  I know that coming to this job everyday is not healthy...it's tearing me down both mentally & physically and I just can't do it anymore.  

I know, I know....I should be thankful that I even have a job.  And, I am.  But, I have to believe that at some point, it's just not worth it any longer.  And, I feel like that time is here.  

Has anyone else made a career change?  How did you go about doing it?  
On a brighter note, I had a lovely weekend and will post about it soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment