Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First Mother's Day!

This past weekend was fabulous!  Saturday night, Kyle & I got to have a {much needed} DATE NIGHT!  Yep, that's right - we got to enjoy a {baby-free} dinner together.  Grandma & Grandpa M (er, wait, both G & G's last names start w/ an "M"....anyway) came over to babysit Dafney.  I was nervous to leave her for a few hours & have someone else put her to bed, but I knew my parents could handle it!  I went through the list of "things" to know; PJ's, night-time diaper, bottles, toys, etc. and handed her to them :(  It was tough, but I knew that we needed a baby-free night together.  

We jumped in the car and headed to Ruth's Chris...famous for their completely, amazing  STEAKS!  We went all out...wine, filet's & of course, dessert!  We were celebrating my birthday, so the waitress brought out a flour-less chocolate cake with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate on the plate... 

I may have died & gone to heaven :)

Dinner was amazing!  It was nice not to have to eat my dinner in 3 minutes, or with one hand, or while signing "the Itsy Bitsy Spider" over & over again.  Kyle & I were able to have some adult conversation & enjoy each others company! 

When we got home, we were praying that we didn't see G & G size holes in the wall running away from our daughter Dafney was in bed & my parents were able to just hang out & relax.  Well, thankfully, there were no G & G size holes in the wall - but Dafney was wide awake when we got home.  My parents said she was able to take about an hour nap (she desperately needed one) and they read a book to her & played....she just wasn't ready for bed so they kept her up!  I tiny part of me was happy that I was able to put her to bed myself...I really do enjoy that time with her!  

All in all, it was a lovely evening with my Husband!  I'm already looking forward to our next date night :)

Mother's Day was also a lovely day!  Dafney let us sleep until 7:30am {I consider that her "real" present to me...haha}.  To me, Mother's Day wasn't about the presents or cards, but about spending quality time with my Dafney!  Now that I'm a Mother, I now understand just how much a Mother does for her baby.  It was a special first Mother's Day for me!  

Me, my Mom & Dafney :) ♥


Mother's Day also marked Dafney's 5 month "birthday"!  I can not believe that she's already 5 months.  I can remember the day she was born so well!  I think about it often & can't wait to share the details of that very special day with her someday.  



I hope all of the Mother's out there had a fabulous day with their loved ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment