Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's for dinner: Kung Pao Chicken

I'm always looking for fun, delicious, easy recipes to try and I found a WINNER with this one.  It's my version of "Kung Pao Chicken"!  This is one of our "go to meals" and has been for the last couple years.  So, I decided I would share this with the blogger world!  Enjoy!

Kung Pao Chicken 
4 Servings

Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
1lb Chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 TBSP Soy Sauce (I use low-sodium soy sauce)
3 TBSP Sherry
2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
2 TBSP Corn Starch

Mix together and let sit for about an hour or so.

Meanwhile, mix the following together and let sit:
3 TBSP Soy Sauce (again, I use low-sodium)
3 TBSP Shery
3 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
2 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP Corn Starch

Other ingredients:
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
1 Head of Broccoli cut up into bite size pieces
1TBSP Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
3-4 TBSP Green Onion, diced 
1 TSP Sesame Oil
1 TSP Vegetable Oil
1 TBSP Red Pepper Flakes (**NOTE: we like our food spicy, so you can scale this down to your desired heat level)
1/2 Cup Peanuts 
Brown (or white) rice, cooked (I make enough for 4 servings)

1.  Heat vegetable oil in a WOK and add the red pepper flakes for about 1 minute. 
2.  Add the chicken mixture and stir frequently until chicken is basically cooked through (3-4 minutes).  
3.  Add the ginger and green onions.  Stir for about a minute.  
4.  Add the vegetables.  Stir for about 2 minutes. 
5.  Add the Soy Sauce mixture.  Stir for about a minute. 
6.  Add the Sesame oil and mix for about a minute.  
7.  Serve over rice.  Add peanuts to the dish. 
8.  ENJOY! 





I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my Husband and I do! 
    
Cheers! 

1 comment: