Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Re-Cap

Can you believe that Easter has come and goooone already?  Where does the time go?  Well, this year, Easter was really special for us as it was Dafney's FIRST Easter!  And, even though we know she won't remember it, we did all the Easter-y things with/for her.  

A few weeks ago, we took her to see the {creepy} Easter Bunny.  Since she's so young, she didn't realize how scary that bunny was; therefore, she didn't shed a tear while sitting on its lap.  {next year will probably be a different story}  

We got her a little Easter basket with some Easter goodies in it...some teething rings, an Easter book and Violet, the toy dog.  It's a stuffed animal and it sings/talks, etc., but the cool thing is you can program it to say your child's name and some of their favorite things.  Then it will say their name and sing songs with their name in the song.  How neat is that?!?  She's a bit young to play with it, but I think eventually she's going to love it!  

For Easter, we spent it with my parents at their house.  It was very laid back and super low-key.  It was perfect!  We enjoyed a nice dinner together and we even had Dafney "color" some eggs.  Call me crazy, but I think we have a future artist in the family =) {which she clearly gets from her Father as I don't have an artistic bone in my body}!

All in all, it was a fabulous first Easter with OUR daughter!  Even though she won't remember it, I know I will!  Looking forward to many, many more Easters as well as new Easter traditions for the MacKenzie family!





No comments:

Post a Comment