Dafney Harper

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What the....

Oh lord...things have been crazy, with a capital C this past week.  Last Wednesday, our sweet baby girl got pink eye...in both eyes.  Awesome.  Actually, this Mama didn't really mind getting to skip out on work spending a whole day with her baby!  Yes, I felt really bad that she was "sick", but I really enjoyed our day together.  And, even though she had pink eye, she was really happy & smiley, which made me one happy mama =)  

Then, on Friday the 13th, we took Dafney in for her 4 month appointment.  Thankfully, she is completely healthy.  But, those pesky shots made for one unhappy little girl.  So, I spent the night up with her.  I "slept" in our basement in the recliner with her in my arms.  Truthfully, I didn't mind one bit...I really do love every second I get to spend with her.  

Saturday I was pretty tired from my lack of sleep, so it was nice to not have much on the agenda.  However, I was still fighting a cold I'd had and was trying to ward off the "flu" like symptoms I was noticing (chills, fever, achy body, headache, sore throat).  

Sunday night, our little furbaby was having some problems south of the border, if you get my drift.  She ended up waking us up every 3 hours to go outside and do her thang.  And, since our alarm system is in Dafney's room, it would wake her up every time we went in there to turn the alarm off to let Hannah out.  So, I'd get up to let the dog out and then I'd sit with Dafney for 20-30 minutes.  Let's just say, no-one in our house got much sleep Sunday night.  

Nothing like starting the week off extremely tired.  I made it through work Monday just fine, but was ready to crash by about 7pm that night.  Once I got Dafney to sleep, I jumped into bed myself (I'm finally understanding how IMPORTANT it is to "sleep when baby sleeps").  Dafney hadn't been sleeping great since she started Daycare.  So, imagine my excitement when we put her down at 8pm and didn't hear a peep out of her until 4:30am.  My not-so-great mathematical skills tell me she slept for eight and a half hours straight...yeah, Dafney!  

However, remember how I told you the furbaby was having "tummy troubles", well, they continued Monday night and again she had us up every 2-3 hours.  WHAT THE...Tuesday, Hannah was still having some troubles, so we brought her into the Vet to make sure everything was okay with her.  Thankfully, it's nothing serious - apparently she's been feasting on some rabbit turds...um lovely, Hannah, just lovely.  They gave us some meds and $150 later, we think she's finally on the up and up!  She didn't wake us up once last night AND Dafney slept about 6.25 hours straight.  

Wait, don't cue the signing angels quite yet.  This morning, I woke up with...yep, you guessed it, pink eye.  My oh-so-lovely daughter shared with me!  One of these days, we're ALL bound to feel 100%, right?  

Nothing says family like sharing colds, flu's & eye fungus'!  

I will end with this adorable  {no, I'm not biased at all =)} picture of Dafney!  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment