I can't believe another Thanksgiving has already come and gone =( Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the whole year. There's just something about the family gatherings, cold, crisp air, tons of good food and the smell of gingerbread waffling through the house....it makes me so happy! Though our plans changed at the last minute this year, they certainly didn't disappoint!
The day before Thanksgiving, I had my 34 week Dr. Appointment. I hadn't been feeling great that day - I was having some cramping and Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing crazy.
My cousin (who's house we were supposed to go to for Thanksgiving) emailed me that day saying she wasn't feeling well and that it was up to me if I wanted to chance it and come over the following day. After talking with my Dr. (who told me to take it easy the next couple of days) and taking everything into consideration, I decided to skip out on Thanksgiving at my cousin's (it was a very tough decision).
Feeling super bummed out and really sad to be missing out on all the Thanksgiving festivities, my AWESOME parents came to the rescue! They said they wanted to be with me, my Husband, my sister & her Husband for Thanksgiving, so they decided to get all the yummy Thanksgiving food and bring it to our house so I wouldn't have to travel or do much of anything and I could simply rest. It was truly something to be thankful for.
My parents came over around 11am with loads of delicious food to cook: cornish game hens, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, fruit, meat/cheese tray, dips and of course, pie! We had an amazing little Thanksgiving feast and we spent it with the ones we LOVE ♥ so dearly! By 3pm, everyone had left leaving my & Hubs time to relax. I actually think I followed up the feast with a nice 2 hour nap!
I just can't express how amazing my family is - they do so much for me and I'm so grateful for everything! It certainly makes you think about all the wonderful things in your life....Here are a few things I'm more than thankful for this year (in no particular order):
- Family - they are and always have been there for me when I've needed them. They never complain when helping me/us do things around the house or when changing last minute Thanksgiving plans. They are simply amazing!
- My Husband - what can I say, I love the guy with all my heart ♥ I grow to love him more and more everyday. He has been my rock throughout this pregnancy and without him, I'm not sure I'd be doing as well as I am. He's an amazing husband and friend and is going to make the most wonderful Daddy!
- A warm house - it may not be the biggest or most luxurious house, but it keeps me warm in the winter, cool in the summer and dry when it rains. We've made it ours and for that reason, it's perfect!
- A steady income....a.k.a. having a job - though I may not love (or sometimes even like) what I do, it's a job and it brings in a steady paycheck. With this economy there are so many people that can't rely on steady money coming in the door, so I consider myself extremely lucky to have such a reliable job.
- Our furbaby, Hannah - she's the most amazing pet ever! Nothing can brighten up my day more than coming home and seeing her happy, wiggly butt at the door to greet me. I love her!!
- This pregnancy - I'm so thankful and feel so blessed that Kyle and I are able to experience such a miracle as pregnancy. It's been the most amazing 8 1/2 months and I know what comes next will be even more amazing! There are so many women/couples that aren't able to have children that want one so badly, so I know how truly blessed we are. I'm so thankful that everything has gone so well thus far and look forward to meeting our little one in the next month or so =)
- Friends - my Husband and I both have the best friends in the world! My girlfriends have always been there for me through the good & bad times. They've listened to me when I've been upset, they've been there for me when I've cried and they've shared the laughs and good times with me as well. I consider myself beyond lucky to have such amazing people in my life.
These are just a few (of the more important) things that I'm truly thankful for not just at Thanksgiving, but each and every day of the year! I hope everyone had a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!