Tuesday, February 25, 2014

♥Valentine’s Recap♥

I’m not overly big into “Hallmark Holiday’s”, but I do think it’s fun to celebrate love.  Truthfully, it’s something we should be doing on a daily basis, but let’s face it, it’s not that easy.  So, it’s sort of fun to celebrate Valentine’s Day!  And, I think in the last couple of years it’s become more fun because I have TWO sweet Valentine’s {no, I’m not cheating on my Hubby} – the Hubby {obvi} and my sweet Dafney!  Clearly she doesn’t quite understand the whole meaning of the Holiday, but it sure is fun to give her extra hugs, kisses, I love yous and even some fun presents!  And, I can't even believe how much she's changed & grown in the last 2 years!



This year I sort of slacked on the decorations & fun cookie making, but thankfully Dafney’s daycare made up for my slacking.  She & her friends made little Valentine’s Day mailboxes – they were SO cute!  But, then again, I love everything pink & red!  Dafney picked out some cute Mickey Mouse Valentine’s cards and pencils for her school friends and then we gave them each some of those cute-sy conversational hearts!  I think I had more fun putting her cards together than she did…does that really shock anyone?



The day before Valentine’s Day, hubby brought me home some beautiful yellow & orange tulips {my FAVE}!  A dozen from him AND a dozen from Dafney…they looked amazing and smelt wonderful, too.  In my sheer excitement, I forgot to snap some pics of them.  It was a fun & unexpected surprise!

For the hubby, I actually made him a Valentine's Day gift.  It was fun to make and I'm excited about what I gave him.  I made him a "date book".  We haven't had much "us" time since, well, Dafney was born, and I wanted to change that.  So I made him a book with 12 dates; one for each month.  Here's what they were:

February - Romantical date night ♥
March - MOVIE date night!!
April - Bowling date night
May - Lunch date
June - Mini Golf date...FORE :)
July - Sports Themed Date...Twins game, Saints game
August - Ice Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for Ice Cream {date}
September - Picnic Date 
October - Rent-A-Movie Date Night {In}
November - Volunteer Together Date
December - Hubby's Birthday, Hubby's {date} Choice
January - Paint the town RED: dinner, drinks & dancing

I thought it was a fun Valentine's Day gift and one that's just for US.

After work, I picked up Dafney like normal and we went home.  She was so excited to look at the Valentine’s she received from her friends.  Her little mailbox was packed full…how fun!  She sat on the couch and took each one out (& surprisingly she knew who each was from…perhaps they looked at them during the day or perhaps she’s just SUPER advanced) and said “wow, look it, mama”.  She was amazed by everything she received.  When the Hubby got home, we gave her our gift.  We had gotten her: a Mickey Mouse V-Day book, Minnie Mouse shirt, stickers, some candy and a Charlie Brown DVD {she’s been obsessed with Charlie Brown lately}.  And, Dafney made  us the cutest hand-printed heart at daycare.  Seriously heart melted.





That evening, my parents generously offered to come over & watch Dafney so we could go out for dinner.  It was a much needed date night for me & the Hubby.  Since it was sort of last minute, we just hit up one of the restaurants in our neighborhood.  It was perfect because there was no wait, good food and even better company!  After dinner, we moseyed on over to the Bakery next door for some dessert and an after dinner drink.  It was a wonderful way to spend Valentine’s Day!




Hope all of you were able to spend the day with your loved ones!  

♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment