Sunday, September 22, 2013

goodbye summer

I love Fall, but it's always so hard for me to say "goodbye" to summer.  I love everything that summer brings: longer days, warmer weather, outdoor dinners & concerts, bon-fires with friends, long walks in the evening, beach time, dresses & sandals, drinking cocktails on the patio, family bike rides, eating fresh fruits & veggies straight from the garden...seriously, the list could go on and on {& on}, but I'll stop there; I think you get the point :)


This summer, as always, flew by...I mean at lightning speed flew by.  This has been one of the best summers to date.  It was so much fun to watch Dafney run around & enjoy all that summer brings. One of her favorite things was playing in the "wa-wa" after it rained {or in this case, sitting in the "wa-wa"}!


Dafney is like a magnet to water...she loves it!  Pools, lakes, puddles, bowls of water...you name it, she most likely will enjoy it ;)




Dafney enjoyed running around our driveway & sidewalk with her cars.  It was fun {and a lot of work} to play with her outside this summer.


This summer, Dafney was even able to experience a bouncy house for the first time.  She thought it was the greatest thing and I'm prett sure she'll be asking for one of these in the near future!  


Our neighborhood is amazing and there is always something fun going on over the weekends.  Whether it's a concert, a race to watch, a carnival or people watching at the beach, you can always find really fun {& cheap} forms of entertainment.  And, we certainly did our fair share this summer.  


We were even luck enough to make it up to my parent's camper for some R & R!  





We also had some very special visitors this summer!  My brother-in-law, Rich & his wife Lindsey came to visit us all the way from HAWAII!  Lucky, lucky us :)  We had a mini-MacKenzie-family reunion in their honor!  We don't get to see Rich & Lindsey very often, so it's really important to spend as much time with them as possible when they are here!  



This summer I was even lucky enough to be in a wedding for a long-time good friend of mine!  She & her now Husband are totally amazing people & it was a total honor to be asked to be a part of their special day.  Even though the day went by way to fast, I had an amazing time celebrating them & their love!


And, even with all the fun we had, we even found some time to get things done around the house...well at least Dafney did ;)


So, as excited I am for Fall & all-things-pumpkin (!) I am really sad to see this summer come to an end.  I have so many fond memories to look back on & to tell Dafney all about someday!  


With that, I will look forward to all that's in store for us this Fall! 

Happy 1st day of Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment