Friday, August 3, 2012

get fit FRIDAY - numero UNO

Hello friends!  Not only is it Friday, it's FIT Friday!  What does that mean?  Well, each Friday I hope to post about how I'm {attempting to} getting fit!  Sounds fun, right?  {This is where you say "yes" with lots of enthusiasm & excitement :)}   

Let's get started, shall we?!

A bunch of my super-smart co-workers started doing one minute "work-outs" every hour on the hour throughout the work day.  Sounds simple, but it's sheer genius!  Not only does it break up the long, boring work day, it allows us to get in some exercise even if it's only a minute.  

There are a couple groups that do this within my department, but the group I've joined works like this:  

...every M-W-F we work on arms (i.e. curls with weights, pushups {various versions}, mountain climbers, etc.) and T-TH we work on abs/core (i.e. sit-ups, planks, scissors, bicycles, etc.).  It might only be 60 seconds of "working", but I definitely feel the burn after that one, teeny, tiny, short minute.  



Moral of the story??  We're super strong, so don't mess with us.  No, wait, wrong moral...um, the moral of this story is every little bit counts; even those one minute workouts.  So, get out of your chair, off your butt, or up from your couch & do your version of "one-minute workouts".  Trust me, you'll be happy you did :)


I also am convinced that it helps me to be more productive during the day.  It might be totally in my crazy little head, but I feel more motivated & energized, especially in the afternoon when I'm ready to crash.  


This week also consisted of a nice 5.5 mile bike ride which I completed in about 28 minutes.  I hope to get out for another bike ride tonight and at least one over the weekend along with a 2-3 mile run.  
 
On that note, have a fabulous (& fit) Friday ♥

2 comments:

  1. One minute workouts every hour is a great idea! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They really do break-up the day & they're good for you :)

      Delete