Monday, September 12, 2011

24 Weeks of Love

I can hardly believe we are well into the 2nd half of this pregnancy.  In 16 or so short weeks, our baby girl will be here with us!  Wow, it’s still hard for me to wrap my head around that.  Husband and I started “baby classes” this past week.  Neither of us were exactly sure what to expect other than having tons of information thrown our way.  We survived our first night!  Actually, it was a lot of fun.  

There are 5 other couples in class with us and our instructor is great!  She’s an ex-OB nurse, so she knows all about women, babies, the what to do’s and what not to do’s – she has a very “hands-on” teaching style so sitting in a class for 2 hours and 45 minutes after a full day of work flew by.  

There is so much to learn before baby comes, so I’m glad we’re taking this class while we still have 16 weeks to prepare for baby.  I think more than anything, I want to learn more about the actual giving birth.  To me that scares the crap out of me.  I hope to come out of the classes feeling fairly knowledgeable about the process so when the time actually does come (and yes, I’m starting to accept that it WILL happen) I’m not so nervous and I can relax more making the whole process a teeny-tiny bit more enjoyable.  I’m also certain that by that time, I’ll be ready to meet our little one.  

There’s just so much to do before baby girl arrives.  Paint the room, purchase & put together the baby's furniture, register, wash baby's clothes, read a few more baby prep books, pack the bag, find a pediatrician, figure out daycare – all on top of the normal every-day things: work, maintaining the house, holiday’s….I have to believe that we will get everything done, but I also have to be realistic and remember that It’s okay if baby is ready to come and the house isn’t spotless, there are dishes in the sink, the wash isn’t all done, or the Christmas shopping isn’t quite complete.  Everything will work out (or so I’m continually told). 

We had our 24 week appointment yesterday and as always it was amazing to hear her heartbeat ♥  It’s one of the greatest sounds ever!  I also had my glucose test yesterday, so I’m hoping that I passed!  Otherwise the appointment was very routine.  At our 28 week appointment we’ll be seeing a Dr., so I’m excited about that.  

I’m feeling really good (compared to the 1st trimester).  I’ve been having some Braxton Hicks Contractions, but nothing painful or to be alarmed over (knock on wood).  Otherwise, I have a good amount of energy, I’m eating pretty good (nothing makes me want to vomit anymore) and I’m sleeping alright.  I have a hard time getting comfortable at night and sleeping on my left side is by far the most uncomfortable way to sleep, but I’m managing.  I’m trying to get as much sleep as possible as I know soon enough, 2 or 3 hours will have to suffice.  Otherwise, I’m just enjoying this time and baby girls’ kicks…they are enough to make me constantly smile =)

No comments:

Post a Comment