Thursday, September 13, 2012

9 months

How is it that I'm sitting here writing about how my sweet BABY is 9 months old already?  Where does the time go?  Ah yes, it's been spent: staring at her, feeding her, changing her diapers, reading her books, having "conversations" together, going for walks, playing {lots & lots of playing}, dancing for her, finding any way to make her giggle {oh, that giggle...it melts my ♥}, taking oodles of pictures of her, watching her sleep, watching her dance, listening to her babble, snuggling with her & being completely & utterly thankful for her - she is a blessing; she's made our lives a million times better!  

Here are my nine things for 9 months:

1.  My sweet baby has 4 teeth!  Both of her bottom & upper teeth have popped through.  We had some rough days, but she looks pretty much adorable when she smiles - those teeth ;)


2.  Dafney is now scootching {um is that even a word?} backwards.  She hasn't figured out that she can go forwards & hasn't mastered crawling yet.  I'm sure that is to come in the very near future.  

3.  Dafney loves, loves, loves MUSIC!  She loves to play her little piano & dance.  It's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Seriously.  


 4.  Sleep...still not sleeping through the night.  But, I know we'll get there.  I try to stay positive & enjoy our time together in the middle of the night.  However, she has mastered the art of falling asleep while eating!!

5.  Dafney loves to swim...or at least she loves water!  She loves to splash around & gets a huge smile on her face when she sees a pool, lake or bathtub ;)  She starts swimming lessons next week, so we'll see if she actually likes to swim!





6.  Dafney is CLINGY.  Oh my is she clingy.  She always wants to be held by me...and if I'm not around, she'll take Dad.  She's such a stinker in the morning's when I drop her off at daycare.  She will cry {minus tears...which I call fake crying} when I set her down, but the second I walk out the door, she stops, smiles & looks for a toy to play with.  She certainly knows how to pull at Mom's heart-strings!  

7.  Dafney is a sports nut!  Or, so her Daddy likes to think ;)  She is a GOPHER and a VIKINGS fan...like she had a choice!  She loves to support her teams & is excited for football season to start!  



8.  Dafney loves to "read".  She's so freakin' advanced!  Her favorite thing to read these days is Mom's People magazine.  If I'm lucky, it's in tact enough for me to read, too.  


9.  She's growing!  Obviously, right?  She is finally starting to fit into her 6 {yes, I said SIX} month clothes!  Some are still a bit big in the waist, but they're not falling off of her anymore!  We certainly got good use out of our 3 month clothes ;)

We have her 9 month Dr. appointment tomorrow so I'll post her height, weight, etc. over the weekend!  

Until then, have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment