Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Why??

Today I heard some sad news.  A "friend of a friend" was pregnant; they just found out they were having a girl & even had her name picked out.  They dreamt all things pink & were starting to envision their lives as a family of three.

Over the weekend, she was admitted to the Hospital & gave birth to her daughter early Sunday morning.  She was tiny, weighing in at less than a pound.  Sadly, their daughter was too premature to live & went to Heaven shortly after being born.  

My heart broke.

Tears welled up in my eyes.

I had to re-read the email....was I really reading such sad news?  I got the sudden urge to run to the daycare to hug, kiss & be with Dafney.  This news hit me hard.

It got me thinking "why"??  Why do these things happen?  Why is life so unfair sometimes?  Why does it take something like this to open our {or at least MY} eyes?  Why is it something like this that reminds us {ME} to not take anyone for granted?  Why is it that a situation such as this reminds us {ME} how precious life & the people in our lives truly are?  

It certainly makes me appreciate the people in my life, especially my daughter.  It makes me appreciate the smiles she gives me, the times she needs me, the sleepless nights, the "conversations" we have and the precious, precious time I have with her.  

I can't wait to go tell Dafney how much I love her & how much she means to me.  I want to tell my Husband how much I love him & how extremely important he is to me.  And, to all my family & friends, you're the greatest people & I'm beyond lucky to have each & every one of you in my life.

I know that I shouldn't need "reminders" as to how important the people in my life are, but it certainly has helped me to take a step back, look at my life & those in it & just be thankful.

Sending thoughts, prayers & strength to my "friend of a friend" & her family.  

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment