Monday, June 18, 2012

No sleep...and a 6 month update!

I'm not sure what's happened over the past couple months, but sleep has been decreasing significantly in our house :(  

Around 7 weeks, Dafney was sleeping through the night.  I mean 8-10 hours at a time.  We thought we had some sort of miracle childWe couldn't believe she was sleeping that long during the night, but we were completely thankful.  I was finally starting to feel rested and was remembering what a full night's sleep was like again.  It was bliss!

When she started daycare, that whole sleeping through the night thing, went down the crapper.  She started getting up once, maybe twice during the night.  Not a huge deal...I heard that this kind of thing could happen when starting daycare & hitting that 4 month mark.  

The past 2-3 weeks, things have gotten even worse in the sleep department {who knew they could get worse?}.  Dafney is now getting up every 2-3 hours.  AHHH....no!!!!!!  I'm tired. 

Mama needs her sleep!

I'm not sure why she's getting up so often.  I initially thought maybe she was going through a growth spurt, because she seemed extra hungry.  Now, I'm not so sure.  Perhaps she's teething & that's bothering her?  How can I get her to sleep through the night again?  Or, at least only getting up once....

I'm desperate....


Since I have plenty of time to do some "thinking" in the middle of the night, I can't help but wonder if I'm doing something wrong?!  Should I let her cry this out, or should I get her like I am?  As parents, we only want to do what is best for our children, but I'm not sure what that is right now and I'm struggling to figure that out.  I hate to hear her cry in the middle of the night, but I also know that I can't continue to get up 2-3 times a night all while keeping my sanity & being productive throughout the day....it's just not possible.

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Advice?  I'll take anything at this point.

...on to Dafney's SIX month appointment.  

First off...how the *%&@ did she get to be six months old?  It's crazy!  Most importantly, Dafney is a healthy little girl.  It makes my heart smile knowing that she's healthy!  She did great with the pediatrician & even flashed one of her {flirty} little smiles at him :)

Here are her 6 month STATS:

Weight:  13 pounds 4 ounces - 4th percentile: she might be teeny-tiny, but considering she was born at 6 pounds 2 ounces & left the Hospital at 5 pounds 8 ounces, I'd say she's doing awesome with her weight!  

Height:  25.5 inches - 41st percentile:  she's grown a ton!  She started off at 19 3/4 inches (however, when we brought her home & we measured her, she was closer to 17 inches), so she's growing like a weed {hmmm...perhaps another reason she's having trouble sleeping??  Her body could be achy from all the growing she's doing}

Head Circumference:  15 inches - 7th percentile:  she might have a little head, but I'm certain she's a brainiac :)   

Overall, her appointment was a complete success.  Other than the leg stabbings shots, everything went perfectly!  

Happy six months, Dafney!   

No comments:

Post a Comment