Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Great friends + DMB + gorgeous weather = One HAPPY Lady

Today marks Dafney's 28th week in this world!  It's been such an amazing journey so far.  I can't believe how much she's grown & learned over the weeks...babies are so amazing!  

This past weekend was a bit of a tough one for my baby girl.  The poor thing has Bronchitis.  No fun for anyone, especially Dafney.  She had been coughing a bit at the start of last week, but when I talked with the Nurse, she thought it sounded like a cold and told me what to watch for.  By Saturday night, we could tell things were starting to sound different & we'd probably need to get her in to see a Doctor.  

Sunday morning, her breathing sounded pretty icky, so we called the Nurse & they said definitely bring her in.  Thankfully, our pediatrician's office is open on Saturday AND Sunday.  We made an appointment & brought her in.  The Doc. said that her left lung had "stuff" in it & she was definitely in the beginning stages of Bronchitis :(

She gave us a prescription {comparable to Z-pack for adults} and sent us on our way.  Dafeny wanted nothing to do with the medicine on Sunday when we tried to give it to her, so we had to be "sneaky" and mix it in with her Sweet Potatoes.  She ate them up & didn't even realize there was medicine mixed in :)  

On top of baby girl being sick, I was already stressed out because it was my first afternoon/night {thankfully not overnight} away from Dafney & Kyle's first to be with her alone for more than a couple hours.  Yes, I know she goes to Daycare for 8+ hours everyday, but this felt different for some reason...call me crazy, I guess!  

I'm not sure if I was more nervous for Dafney or Kyle!  I worried that Dafney would be cranky & not want to eat out of the bottle, or she wouldn't want to go down at bedtime.  I worried that Kyle would get frustrated & not know what to do.  It was stressful.  I wanted everything to go smoothly....for everyone's sake!  

Around 2:30pm, my Husband dropped me & a girlfriend off so we could meet up with some other gal pals for the River's Edge Music Festival.  The weather was perfect, the company was awesome & the music, well, let's just say it did NOT disappoint!  

There were quite a few "local" bands playing, but our main reason for hitting up this music festival was to see Dave Matthews Band!! Yes, we're avid followers of DMB & we were more than excited when we heard they were headlining Sunday night.  I think I've seen DMB perform 15+ times and they amaze me every single time!   

If you haven't seen them in concert, I highly recommend it!

 Thankfully Dafney & Kyle survived their time together & they were both in bed when I got home.  I really, really, really needed a girls night out!  I forgot what it was like to have a "life" away from Dafney.  However, I was very happy to spend the whole day with her yesterday ♥♥♥♥

I forgot how important it is to be able to spend time with friends - some of which I hadn't seen in months.  I kind of felt like I was disconnected from a certain {important} part of my life.  So it was so nice to reconnect with friends & do something that's fun & important to me!  

Best part {okay, maybe not the BEST part, but a really great part}, Dafney slept from 11pm until 6am; I fed her & put her back down and she slept until 9am!  After being out way {and I mean like hours...as in PLURAL} past my bedtime, I needed the extra sleep!  Thank-you, Dafney :)  

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment