Monday, March 12, 2012

Mind Dump Monday

I apologize in advance for the randomness of this blog.  It's been a while and I have a lot on my mind!

  • First, I'm sure you've all heard about the horrible tornadoes that affected tons of people in Kentucky, Alabama and Indiana.  My heart goes out to all of these people.  I was reading in my People magazine the heart-wrenching story of those that were lucky enough to survive.  It's completely heart-breaking and totally devastating.  Thankfully, there are so many good people in the world that have not only helped out with the clean-up, but have also donated money to those that lost everything.  A fellow blogger, Stephanie had a dear friend whose family lost everything and she decided to do something awesome and help raise money for her friend.  Check out her blog to see the different ways you can give to help out her friend and all those in need!

  • Where does the time go?  Can you believe my sweet baby girl is going to be 3 MONTHS OLD, tomorrow?!?  It feels like just yesterday we brought her home from the Hospital.  I've enjoyed every smile, fussy spell, snuggle, diaper blowout, cooing sound and everything else that comes with having a sweet little angel! 
LOVE these SMILES!!

Looking SO big!

  • Now that she's 3 months old, that means my maternity leave is coming to an end (major tears).  I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around leaving her in someone else's care 5 days a week for 8-9 hours.  It breaks my heart even though I know it needs to be done.  Part of me feels completely guilty for having someone else watch her all day, every day.  Part of me is sad to miss her smiles and probably some "firsts".  And part of me is scared to leave her.  Since she's been born, I haven't left her for more than 3 hours.  I worry that something will happen, or that they'll get frustrated with her and shake her (okay, just so you know, I'm sending my daughter to a good daycare and this is just my own weird worry), and my biggest fear is that she won't eat and will fuss all day long.  She doesn't take a bottle (see next bullet point) well and I worry she'll starve at daycare.  Thankfully the place we're sending her now (we're on a wait list at another place that we're totally in LOVE with) is only a 10 minute walk from my work so I can go see her at lunchtime to feed her and get some much needed snuggle time with her.  I just want the very best for her and I want her to have a positive daycare experience.  Hopefully I'll be able to walk out the door without too many tears next Tuesday (but I'm planning not to wear any mascara that day just in case). 

  • Bottle feeding...this topic deserves a bullet point all to itself.  I have to say, my daughter has been an amazing baby; she doesn't fuss much, she took to breastfeeding with absolutely no problem which made it so easy for me, she started sleeping through the night around 7 weeks old and of course, she's absolutely adorable =)  But, the one thing she HATES is a bottle.  She doesn't want anything to do with the bottle.  She screams and screams to the point that she starts having trouble breathing (which even makes Momma want to cry).  We've tried 5 different bottles/nipples, my Husband has tried holding her in different positions, we've tried different times of the day and nothing seems to work.  I worry that she's going to make it so difficult at daycare that we're going to get kicked out.  I don't know what else to do.  Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 


Well, it's time for me to go snuggle with my baby!  Hope everyone is having a GREAT start to their week!


1 comment:

  1. I feel for you so much. The whole daycare thing freaks me out!!! But people use them all the time. Just don't let Hoover freak you out about daycare - she's good at that. :) Not sure what to do about the bottle. That worries me too. Did you start introducing it around 4 weeks? And it was a no-go then too? Did you have Kyle give it to her and did you leave the room/house? I hear babies smell mom, so they'll refuse to take from anyone but mom's breast unless she's not there. Weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete