Monday, August 29, 2011

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!

On Tuesday, August 23rd, my Husband and I prepared ourselves for our 20 (actually we went at 21 weeks) week ultrasound.  I was so nervous, excited, anxious and scared for this big event.  We got to our appointment early, but ended up waiting about 45 minutes before we actually got in – but the wait was well worth it!  

It was so amazing to see our baby right there in front of us!  

We wanted to know the gender, but baby wasn’t cooperating right away, so the tech went on with the measuring.  Everything measured out great for baby.  We saw both legs, arms, 4 ventricles to the Heart, Kidney’s, nose…everything was simply amazing.  About 2/3 the way through, the tech said, well I think I can tell you what you’re having; it’s a GIRL!  Once she said that it was like my mind sort of shut down and all I could think of was “it’s a girl, we’re having a girl”.  The tech started talking about her diaphragm and I couldn’t process her words.  All of a sudden I had no clue what the diaphragm was, where it was – it’s like my mind was completely blank.  It took me a few minutes to get my focus back.  It certainly makes it more real to know what you’re having.  I’m so thankful that baby girl is healthy and doing well!


She's not even here yet and she's already absolutely PERFECT!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment