Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We're Starting a B-L-O-G!!

I’ve decided to start this blog to capture all of the ups, downs, good times & crazy times in our lives!  I’m excited to document all the big moments {not that we have many} and I pray that I don’t bore you to tears with my ramblings and somewhat boring life.  Here goes nothing….
Who is the person behind this blog?  Well, my name is Leah and I’m a thirty-something, fun loving down to earth {or so I like to think} gal!  I’m a wife, sister, daughter, friend, aunt, colleague and soon-to-be-mother (much, much more on this later)!  I live with my amazing Husband and our adorable 7 ½ year old Golden Retriever, Hannah!  I love my Husband, dog, family & friends more than they’ll ever know!  I consider myself lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful people.  

I work at the “local” University as an Accountant.  Though I’m not overly thrilled about what I do, it’s a job and I consider myself lucky to have one!  I’d love to someday break free from the accounting world and dabble more into the “psychology” field.  My dream job - marriage counselor.  I love: summer, laughing, DMB, outdoor concerts, trying new restaurants, the color pink, nice cold lemonade on a hot summer day, traveling, writing, reading, crossword puzzles, campfires, flowers, farmers markets, Thanksgiving and movie nights…just to name a few!  So, that’s me in a nutshell!
My Husband’s name is Kyle and he’s my very best friend!  He’s a kind, funny, easy going kind of guy.  He’s a husband, brother, son, uncle, godparent, friend, colleague and soon-to-be-father!   He recently changed career paths and is doing something completely different than what he’s used to.  Of course, I know he will excel in this new position.  He loves sports {watching and playing}, music and having a good time! 
We met in September of 2004 – though it wasn’t “love at first sight”, we somehow found our way to each other.  We’ve been married for a year now and life is amazing (don’t worry; I’ll share the whole engagement & wedding story along with pictures in a future post)!  We’re excited for all the things waiting for us in this life and we’re excited to share them with you!  I hope to update this regularly, so check back often and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment