Friday, August 8, 2014

Latte with Leah: #7


Happy Friday, friends!  I cannot believe that we're almost to the middle of August.  I mean, there's a Vikings pre-game on TONIGHT.  I can't believe that I'm already hearing all about: football, MN State Fair, Labor Day plans and Fall TV previews. AH.  No.  Summer can't be over yet.  Well, without further ado, let's grab our favorite drinks {alcohol is fine; I don't judge :)} and let's get this FRIDAY party started!

~ This past Tuesday was National Night Out and after 8 years of living in our house/neighborhood, we finally joined in on the fun. Wow...I can't believe what we missed out on in past years!  We were officially invited to one party, but decided to party hop and went to 3 block parties {party animals!}.  The first we went to had a GIANT bouncy house...every kids dream :)  Dafney bounced, we met some neighbors.  A win-win for everyone!




Then we went to the next party where we know a handful of the neighbors.  Dafney had fun with the other little girls {there are a bunch on that block that are all around the same age}.  We chatted and met some more people and we even found a BABYSITTER! Seriously, this is HUGE.  She's in college, was a nanny this summer and loves to babysit...SCORE!  

Finally, we hit up the party we were invited too!  Again, I was shocked at how many little girls there were!  The girls were ages 3 to 6, so they were a bit older than Dafney, but they were all SO sweet with her!  Bottom line: I am so glad that we finally ventured out and enjoyed NNO!  I'm already looking forward to next year's!

~ This past weekend, Hubby and I had a day/night to ourselves!  Yes, Dafney went to Grandma & Papa's!  What a treat, for real!  My parents picked her up around 11am...once she was gone, we both just sat there wondering what we could do with all our free time.  The possibilities were ENDLESS!  Hubby decided to test drive cars and I did a little shopping.  Afterwards we went to dinner and bowling.  It was so nice to have some Hubby time!  We definitely need to do this more often :)


~ Sunday was spent at my parent's house in their pool!




...oh and JUMPING.  Lots of jumping!


~ Before summer leaves us {sniffle}, I want to do this with Dafney!

~ Has anyone tried Stitch Fix?  I've thought about trying it, but would love to hear some more of what others thought!

~ I also think I should stuff my face with these in the mornings to help keep myself full {along side of my Shake, of course}!

~ I'm on Day 5 of my Beach Body Challenge.  So far, I've done surprisingly well.  I have my shake in the morning for breakfast and try to have a light snack mid-morning.  Then a light lunch and a veggie loaded dinner.  



~ I'm on the lookout for some healthy and satisfying snacks to get me through the day.  Thoughts?  

Your turn!  What would you like to share with me?

Whatever your plans are, have a fabulous weekend!  

1 comment: