Monday, June 2, 2014

Latte with Leah #5


Hello Monday!  Hard to believe it’s already JUNE.  Seriously, half the year is almost over…how is that even possible?  It seems like yesterday was just New Year’s Day. 

Alright, you know the drill – grab your favorite drink and let’s get this party started!

-   ~ Summer is officially 20 days away!  And though I've been working out for on a pretty routine basis the past few months, I’m not anywhere near beach ready.  After some thought, I figured that my eating habits might not be quite on par for achieving that dream beach figure.  So, this month, I've decided that I’d like to exchange one meal a day for a nice, healthy, veg-i-fied salad!  I know that it won’t be possible every day, but I’m shooting for 5 days out of the week.  Last night I made a nice, healthy grilled chicken Asian salad and it was so tasty!  
   
   
  

I    I didn't miss the heavy meal and actually felt quite full afterwards.  It was chalk full of grilled chicken and veggies and a really tasty    Asian Vinaigrette.  Perfect for a hot summer day!  I've also had my eye on all of these salads, too.

-   ~ Speaking of summer figure…I’m also participating in this ab challenge.  It started June 1st and runs the whole month of June.  It starts off pretty easy {especially since I've been working out on a regular basis for a few months}, but it definitely builds up and will certainly be a fun challenge!  Abs of steel…here I come!

-   ~ Over the weekend, we visited another park on #ourparktour2014!  Actually, it’s technically not a “new” park as it’s part of the Nokomis Lake Parks, but it’s one we’d never visited.  It’s fairly small, but it’s nice and shaded!  There were only a couple of other people there so we practically had the playgrounds to ourselves.  There are 2 separate playgrounds, but they’re almost identical.  Of course, the main attraction for Dafney were the swings!  She loves them!
  
  


     She did enjoy climbing and sliding, too, but she mainly hung out on  the swings.  
       
                             

     


     Afterwards, we biked to Carbone’s for some lunch.  Though I've  had their pizza before, I never remember it being as good as it was  Saturday!  Dafney and I shared a pepperoni/green pepper pizza,  while the Hubby ate a sausage/mushroom pizza!  We even were  able to hit up a multi-family yard sale on our way home, too!  My  kind of Saturday J


-   ~ This video is about as cute as it gets!  Adorable!!

     On that note, have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment