Thursday, October 17, 2013

3 Things Thursday

Happy Thursday...it's been a while since I did a "three things Thursday" post.  And, since I'm lacking any imagination today, three things seems like a doable blog post :)

Without further ado...{because I know how excited you are}

1.  We have been living with my parents for FIFTY {5-0} days.  It's been, how shall I put it...challenging, stressful, a loooong 50 days, but we're all adjusting {some better than others, I think}.  Sadly, I think I fall into that "not adjusting well" category.  After college & a {fortunate} break-up with my ex, I was forced to move back in with my parents.  Yep, I was that kid.  And to be honest, I don't really remember it being as difficult as I do now.  Maybe it's because it was just me that moved in...this time, I brought my hubby, daughter AND dog.  When we first moved in I had an overwhelming "homesick" feel; however, once we started to get into our "new" routine, it sort of went away, I guess.  But, not long after, I started to feel really stressed out.  I've been trying to please both my hubby/daughter and my parents.  I'm trying not to wear out our welcome, while keeping things as close to "normal" as possible. Bottom line: it's hard to do.  I feel like my parents {more so my Dad} are starting to get a teeny-tiny-little bit frustrated  with us.  It's frustrating for me because I don't really have time to do much cooking {not to mention, my parents are fairly stuck in their eating ways, where as I like to cook new things often} & I feel bad that my parents are usually cooking for us.  I want to contribute to the chores, but finding time to contribute has been a chore itself.  Though I am completely 100% grateful to my parents for letting us stay with them while our house is being built, I am completely 100% ready to move into OUR own home.  

2.  ...speaking of OUR OWN HOME; it's coming along nicely :) Hubby & I are working together to create a *new* blog dedicated to our house & the journey we've had thus far & everything that happens in the upcoming months!  For now though, I'll just give you a sneak peak of the progress thus far ;)


3.  We are FINALLY having some family pictures taken tomorrow!  My very dear friend is taking some photos for us and I am so excited!  It's fairly sad that Dafney is almost 2 years old & we haven't had any "professional" pictures taken of her or of the 3 of us together as a family.  So, it's about dang time!  I am stressing out a bit as I haven't picked out our outfits yet.  I'm thinking of having some taken with casual outfits & some taken with nice(r) matching outfits.  Here's to hoping I can find something in our closets by 3pm tomorrow :)  Excited to share the photos when we get them back!

On that note, have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment