For those of you that aren't participating in Lindsay's Foodie Penpal program yet, SHAME ON YOU! It's a fun program and it involves food. Seriously, who doesn't love to get food packages in the mail?!?
This month I received an awesome package from Pamela over at Brooklyn Farm Girl. Her blog...amazing :) She sent me a box full of goodies!
- Pretzels...seriously, a fave snack of mine!
- French Fry "chips" - my daughter and I ripped into these and they were gone in 2.5 seconds. No lie :)
- Apricot and Cherry Fruit Roll Ups - these took me back to my childhood. They are fruity and chewy and just plain DELICIOUS!
- Raspberry Jam - OH.MY.LORD. AMAZING! I may or may not have been eating this out of the jar by the spoonful...don't judge :) It's been my favorite addition to my morning breakfast.
- Cookies - they are chocolately and delicious!
- Gluten Free Pasta - this was corn pasta and it was freakin' delicious! I will definitely be purchasing corn pasta in the future!
- LaMedina Brown Sugar Cubes - these are perfect accompaniments with a nice cup of tea!
Jealous and want to join?? Here's how:
What is the program all about?
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal & get their mailing address & any other information you might need such as allergy or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats. The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what's in the box, to a fun recipe...use your imagination; the possibilities are endless!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size & how fragile they are. *Don't forget about flat rate boxes!*
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you're a reader & you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for the month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadian residents ONLY. We've determined things might get too slow & backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from the US to Canada & vice versa.
If you are interested in participating
for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form & to read the terms & conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th.