Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Update

This weekend was pretty low-key since we're trying to get everyone in the house feeling better.  The Husband was sick last week and was out of work Thursday & Friday.  I think Dafney & I are both finally starting to feel back to "normal" (KNOCK ON WOOD).  

Friday we just stayed in & were really lazy...nothing wrong with that!  Saturday we got to "sleep in" until 6:15am - YEAH =)  Getting up that early makes the day feel like it's about 50 hours long.  

In the morning, some of my work buddies stopped over on their way down to run the Get in Gear 5 & 10K.  I had every intention to head down there with Dafney to cheer them on, but it was cold and wet - not a great combination when you're trying to get & stay well.  Therefore, we just wished them "good luck" and they were on their way.  

Congrats to Carly, Kristin & Kathy on their great races!!  

We didn't do much during the day, but that night our friends had a "last minute" celebratory party in honor of the Shrewsbury soccer team (in England) doing something good (sorry, I really couldn't tell you what they did, all I know is we celebrated!).  We headed over for some pizza and adult beverages.  We even stayed out until a whopping 8pm...yep, we're crazy party animals! 


Sunday morning Dafney let us sleep late.  In fact, I ended up waking her around 9:30am.  It was absolutely wonderful to sleep past 6am.  I felt refreshed and {somewhat} rested.  

I think Sunday morning was the highlight of my weekend.  We gave Dafney RICE CEREAL for the 1st time.  It was exciting and sad all in one.  Exciting - because this starts a whole new part of her "life".  Starting to eat "real" food is kind of a big deal when you're 4 months old.  However, I felt really sad.  I know it seems weird, but for the past 4.5 months, I've been the sole person to provide her source of nutrition & food.  I think I might be the small percentage of people that absolutely loved, loved, loved breastfeeding.  For me, it was easy from day 1.  Dafney took to it with absolutely no problems, which in turn made it really easy & enjoyable for me.  It never hurt for me and I never looked at it as an annoyance or something that I "had" to do.  I always looked at it as a great way to bond with my daughter...it was our very special time together.  Something that no-one else had with her and that no-one else could give her.  It truly was special.  

So, now that we're slowly moving on-to some solid foods, it makes me a little (okay, a lot) sad that we won't have as much bonding time.  Seriously, she's growing up too fast!  I want her to stay my baby forever...okay, at least for a little while longer. 


Anyway...back to the rice cereal experience: it was okay.  She was very content on being in her highchair...(that was obstacle #1).  She's not a huge fan of being in her car seat, so I wasn't sure how being strapped into a highchair was going to be, but she did really well.  She took the food into her mouth with the spoon (obstacle #2) with no problems.  However, she would take her tongue and push the food right out (obstacle #3).  I don't think she actually took in much food, but it was a start.  We're going to continue giving her this food daily and hopefully in time, she'll start to enjoy it.  After a few weeks of working with the rice cereal, our Pediatrician said we could introduce a new food every 3-4 days.  Oh, how time flies. 


Here are some pictures of our cutie with her first rice cereal experience:


Getting ready to try rice cereal for the FIRST time


Not so sure about this...

Spitting most of it out...oh well!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment